Skip to main content

IndiJoe's (RMZ Infinity, Old Madras Road)

This restaurant is one of my favourite joints in Bangalore.  It is a bit on the expensive side.  It does have a decent selection of food from soups, salads, sizzlers (veg and non veg) and other items.  They serve mainly continental food so, if you are looking for Indian food, this is not a restaurant for you.


I honestly go there for nachos.  I miss mexican food from the US, especially from California.  Nachos used to be my favourite along with burritos.  While good burritos are hard to find here, nachos at indi Joe's are quite good.  No baked beans in nachos here though.  They put rajma instead and they also put sprouted moong.  Guacamole and Sour Cream taste the same as in the US.  Overall I have eaten the entire plate while my wife settles with whatever she can manage when I am on the eating spree :-)


Their Veg sizzler was quite good.  It had a fairly large sized veggie pattie along with nicely burnt rice (in a good way; aroma is awesome) along with various veggies on the side.  In addition, the fountain outside  in the RMZ complex is a quite an attraction for my kid at least.

Comments

kashyap said…
Good for you! We went to this Chipottle twice last weekend when we were in Pittsburgh..and found it to be an ammmmazing place....I dont like beans but the salad without beans was too good...
porbandar123 said…
Yes, Chipotle is a pretty good place. Their burritos are amazing - veg or chicken. I like their sauce as well. Wish there were more places here serving Mexican :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review - "Life is what you make it" by Preeti Shenoy

I recently finished reading "Life is what you make it" by Preeti Shenoy. Before I provide my thoughts on the book, let me mention that this is the first book I have read that is not a biography, an autobiography or a book on Spirituality. The book revolves around a character who is enthusiastic, bubbly, full of life person. It explains in great details her life in the state of Kerala during her college years. After overcoming the initial fears in an all girls college, she transforms herself into this popular, outgoing personality. Few chapters are also dedicated on her dilemma in starting and continuing love relationship with a boy. The story then moves to Bombay where she gets in to a reputed business school to do her MBA. From enjoying the new surroundings to her increasing interest in reading books, devising news ways to retain information etc, she excelled at everything. In the process and without realization, she was also getting a bit reckless, a bit edgy with s

Abhinav joins cricket academy

As a young kid, around age of 7 yrs, I used to attend a cricket coaching camp with the Saurashtra Ranji cricketers.  it was split in to 2 sessions - morning and evening. The morning sessions consisted of exercises, sprints, duck walks, frog jumps and some tennis ball practice.  It was strenuous but a lot of fun.  being 7, I seemed to have a lot of energy and loved to participate in this regimen with people who played at the highest domestic level and I used to be in awe of them. In the evening session, we practiced with the leather ball.  Before that, however, we used to master our defensive shots (forward and back foot) with the hanging ball.  The whole point of this article to is to describe all the emotions that I felt when Abhinav started practicing his defense with the hanging ball.   I think the teachers are not as strict nowadays as before and kids have an option to explore things a bit more.  The regimen is not as strenuous and the emphasis is on having fun while playing

My SON

You must be wondering why such a title for a blog post. Well, I feel that my son (now 8yrs) is slowly becoming a friend with whom I discuss sports, school etc with. Earlier, as his dad, I would tell him things to do, explain him why something is good or bad etc. When he was little (2-5 yrs), he would be play with his toys, as interested in music, dance and his small cycle + scooter. As a father, I was hoping he at least gets some interest in sports like cricket, football etc. Fortunately, I never pushed him to take interest in these sports. Something seemed to change after our visit to the US. He came back after having played baseball & football with his cousins. Suddenly, he now started watching cricket, football and any sport he could find on the TV. He expressed his desire to go for cricket coaching. From then on, Chhota Bheem, Doraemon etc have taken a backseat. The best part is that now he knows more players in all sports than I do. I can discuss the nuances of the game